First off I have a little note for my blog.
Dear Blog,
I am so sorry I have neglected you! I've been very busy, but I should have not neglected you so. I am not ready to give you up yet! Please forgive me. XOXO
Dani
Now that that's out of the way I want to talk about Google. Actually, I want to talk about web searches in general. I believe I've said before that I have other blogs I've hosted (to see the list click on my name under the "About Me" in the upper right hand corner of this blog) and this has given me a presence on the internet. It's not a huge presence mind you, but a presence nonetheless. How do I know this? I do the self-indulgent web search of my own name.
Yes, it's a bit of an ego thing but more importantly it's my way of finding out how well my marketing of myself is working online. Now this is not so important for this website, but it's very important in my career as a Children's Illustrator and Financial Advisor (there is the "and", but these two are independent of one another). So what did I find when I googled my name? I'm at the top of the list for "Dani Duck". Not this blog, but my illustration blog: daniduckart.blogspot.com This makes me very happy, however there are very few other Dani Ducks that I see, so it's not all that amazing.
So what do I do with this? Well I keep on telling people about my blogs. Have fun blogging and then hope the name "Dani Duck" means something to people someday. I do love the fact that people can find me if they are looking for me easily. I hope within a couple of years there will be tons of people looking for my name and my work!
I'm second on there and it's my twitter page. If I type on books on her mind or she's got books on her mind it comes out to the top. I think that also has to do with the uniqueness of my blog name and the uniqueness of your name.
ReplyDeleteIs your last name really duck or do you just like duck's?
I think it might be also that you spend so much time on the internet that your computer conforms to you so you would have that listed at the top maybe. Don't mean anything bad about that. I would like to try another person's computer and see what happens if I type in my name. Maybe I'm even more famous than I thought (;
You have a lot of blogs! I don't know how you keep up with them all. What books have you illustrated?
She's got books on her mind comes up top for me as well. It must be the uniqueness of the name. There aren't many other Dani Ducks on the net. There is a Danielle Duck, but she's a model!
ReplyDeleteMy last name is really Duck! I married into the name. I like it, but some that grow up with it don't like the name.
I do have a lot of blogs, but the only ones I keep active are Dani Duck: Artist Obscure, and this one. I keep the other ones on the net, but nothing new is being posted there. I haven't illustrated any books yet, but I'm hoping to soon. I'll post on my illustration blog (http://daniduckart.blogspot.ca/) the second I do have something published!