Monday, February 4, 2013

So You Want to Lose Some Weight

One of my goals for this year is to lose weight and to get healthier. This is one of my goals that's no fun at all. Cutting out certain foods? Oh joy! Exercising until you're sweaty? Sign me up. Not achieving your goals? It's stupid, the whole thing is stupid.

 My husband and I bought the 10 minute trainer for Christmas. I figure that one of use should use it. I have a bit and this is what I think. It's a lie! Ha ha ha. You can do it for 10 minutes a day, but you have to do 30 to get great results. This soon becomes a minimum of 35 with warm ups and cool downs.

I can sort of manage the time in my schedule, but the big problem for me is some of the exercises are not in my realm of "able to do". I can barely stay in plank position for a minute, but seriously don't expect me to do a bunch of other things along with it! I feel that the abs program is the worse out of all the DVDs because the last three minutes seems impossible for me (maybe it will get easier, or maybe I'll just go get a cookie). The other part I find difficult is the bands... I swear they make them for short people. I'm Five Nine and a Half and the resistance makes it very difficult for me to do certain exercises. I know I'm not in great shape, but the idea of this whole program is to transform your body... come on, give me a little more of a learning curve. Overall the program is pretty good, because I feel like I've exercised more with a 10 minute video than I have with a 30+ minute video from my large collection (yep, I collect exercise videos and watch them collect dust).

So I'm attempting to do this video 30 minutes a day.. it's going okay so far. On top of exercising I've changed my diet. No more soda, sugars, or anything that tastes really good. I'm cutting out almost all sweets, and cutting down on my wheat breads (no other kinds yet so bread is mostly gone) and any other carbs that have a lot of sugars in them. The other thing I'm cutting out? Fast/Processed Foods. So no more big macs (never ate them anyway, but now that I can't I kind of want one). I'm keeping coffee for now... I'm not completely insane yet. Though I'm trying to counter it by drinking lots of water and getting enough sleep at night.

Whew, okay so I'm changing my diet and doing icky exercises, so if I bite your head off you will know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment